We all know that getting sick means more than just lying in bed for a few days healing. It means staying home from work, cancelling plans, and all over feeling pretty lousy (the aches of the flu come to mind). If you work with children or in large groups of people, you know how easily illness can be transferred from person to person. In today’s environment, the stay at home and stay safe method only works to separate people in order to limit the transfer of disease; however, it does not increase the body’s actual immune health to properly ward of diseases.
With the rising anxiety around COVID-19, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a solution that can give you the extra immune boost that you need to stay safe. While practicing social distancing and staying at home is important to not further the spread of the virus, it is not a preventive measure nor a remedy to fight the actual virus. Luckily, TCM offers a way to help ward off external influences and pathogens by boosting the immune system, strengthening lung energy, and building the defensive wall to shield against pathogens.
Acupuncture, is an age-old Chinese medicine that treats the mind, body and spirit in a wholesome approach. The theory is based on the belief that disease and illness occur when there is imbalance, thereby blocking the natural flow of energy in the body. Many people suffer from chronic pain, stress and anxiety, sleeping disorders, infertility, fatigue, allergies and other ailments. Often they have gone to many doctors, taking extensive medications, and are looking for a natural approach to bring themselves back to a balanced state. Acupuncture is a safe and effective method of treatment with minimal to no side effects.
7 Health Benefits of Acupuncture Treatments
1. Natural approach to treating pain with no side effects
2. Noninvasive and drug free with no risk of addiction
3. Holistic approach on treating the root cause of the problem and not just the symptoms
4. Suitable for all ages regardless of physical health status
5. Boosts immune system to fight off pathogens and help prevent allergies and illness
6. Help eliminate stress and anxiety to better cope with life and work pressure
7. Increase energy and enhance mental clarity